WE OFFER FREE CANE SIZING WITH ANY ORDER
(Canes cut from their original size will incur a 30% restocking fee if returned)
How to determine cane size when placing an order.
Choose 1 of 3 easy ways to determine cane length before placing order.
1. Measure the size of an existing cane.
Do this method by simply measuring from the lowest part on the top of the handle to the bottom of the rubber tip. Round up to the nearest half inch. (see Diagram A)
2. Measure the cane user
- Put on the user's walking shoes.
- Have the user stand naturally upright as much as possible.
- Have their arms fall to the sides naturally with a normal relaxed bend at the elbow. (Please see Diagram A for correct posture)
- Using a tape measure or yard stick, measure the distance from their wrist joint (bottom crease at the wrist) down to the floor. Round up to the nearest half inch.
(**For accurate length a second person must read measurement to prevent wrist from moving)
3. Measure half the height in inches.
(Only use if Step 1 or 2 are not available as options)
(Although this works for most cane users it is not always exact. Choose this option at your own risk a 30% restocking fee applies to all returned cut canes)
Most users cane measurements will be within one inch of half the users height.
- Convert height into inches...(example 66 Inches) then divide in half = 33 inches. (Round up to the nearest half inch.)
- Then add half an inch to this height.
- After receiving product use step #2 to confirm and change size if needed.
The Estimated height would be 33.5 inches for this example.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IN NO WAY REPLACES A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL'S RECOMMENDATION. CANES ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE USED LIKE A CRUTCH FOR FULL WEIGHT SUPPORT, CANES ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR BALANCE.
Sizing is a free courtesy. In most cases, sized canes will ship the same day. In very rare instances sizing requests may not be cut correctly or have not been sized at all. In these rare situations "pick up" call tags will not be issued and the item must be sent back to us at the customer's expense to be sized correctly. Please keep in mind that most canes can be cut easily at home, these easy instructions are below labeled "How To Cut Your Own Walking Cane", please contact customer service to be sure your cane is able to be custom sized or for more instruction. We will not ship out a new product. Please always check the item upon delivery to confirm the requested size. Canes can always be shortened but may not be lengthened. Please note* There are some walking canes that come to us with custom tips that are built into the cane. If these cane's are to be sized (cut), we can not replace the original cane tip and will use our standard black rubber cane tip.